-big business value on a small business budget
The Offer: A practical approach to project planning, management and execution. ***Section Full. Click on the sign up button below to be added to the wait-list.***
What (skills and tools):
- Project Management Principles and Jargon
- Scope, Resource & Risk Management
- Translation of Deliverables to Actions & Tasks
- Time Estimations & Scheduling
- Managing Change, Team & Stakeholder Dynamics
- Effective & Concise Status Reporting
- Project Closure and Transition Planning
Why: Elaborate software is nice, but overkill for most projects. The project manager can easily get lost in the features and lose sight of the practical planning and execution. Licensing fees make it expensive to share and communicate plans with management and key stakeholders. Research indicates more than 70% of all projects fail to meet their intended goals and key milestones. This is often due to overemphasis and dependency on software and a lack of the fundamental project skills and management discipline. This training is designed to teach the practical fundamentals of project planning regardless of software choice. Additional guidance addresses the use of common business software and free web-based tools. This is a hands-on, interactive training, emulating a real project - start to finish, managing risks and changes.
When: March 31st and April 1st, 2015; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Where: Exact Address Pending: Area of East Hartford, CT. Close to I-91, I-84 and CT Highway Rte 2.
For Whom: This training is for those who wish to immediately apply their new skills on the job.
- Any project leader or event planner in any industry
- Current skill set at “Beginner” or “Intermediate” level.
While this course will follow much of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) from the Project Management Institute (PMI), it is not intended to serve as preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam.
By Whom: E6S Industries, LLC
- Printed materials for note-taking and future reference
- Electronic Project Management templates in MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- References for online freeware, tools, and recommended resources
- 16 hours equivalent for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward various certifications
- Extension of local professional network
- $1,390 for the two days per participant (space is limited). Breakfast and lunch provided.
- Add coaching package for $600 (up to 5 billable hours; 3-month expiration)
- Early bird discount of 10% off the final price, if purchased before February 17th
- Group rates available. $50 off for each additional group member, up to 5.
About the Instructor:
Aaron Spearin is an expert instructor and certified as a Project Management Professional by the Project Management Institute. Aaron has trained and coached professionals through projects with budgets ranging $0 to over $100 million, with companies ranging from the world’s largest Fortune 500 firms to the state’s smallest start-ups. Aaron provides a safe, hands-on and interactive environment for all learners, (regardless of background, industry or education), to practice new skills and prepare for the real thing.
A Wi-Fi capable laptop with Office 2003 or later is helpful, but not required.