Email me: email@example.com
Intro: Welcome to the E6S-Methods podcast with Jacob and Aaron, your weekly dose of tips and tricks to achieve excellent performance in your business and career. Join us as we explore deeper into the practical worlds of Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management and Design Thinking. In this episode number 154, HAPPY NEW YEAR ! And Happy Anniversary. Yes, we are 3 years down, but still looking up. Jacob and I do a reflection on 2016 and look forward to 2017. If you're just tuning in for the first time, find all our back episodes at our podcast table of contents at e6s-methods.com. If you like this episode, be sure to click the "like" link in the show notes. It's easy. Just tap our logo, click and you're done. Tap-click-done! Here we go. http://bit.ly/E6S-154 Leave a Review! http://bit.ly/E6S-iTunes
*** Hello 2017- Three Gone ***
I 2016 Reflection
a. What went well?
1. Nice vacations and time with family
2. Back to giving training, meeting new people every week
ii. E6S-Methods related?
1. 100+ views on FMEA song in You-tube
2. Close to 2000 subscribers weekly (back on track)
3. Some great feedback from listeners doing really interesting work
b. Not so well?
1. Strike Duty - Ugh
2. Too much travel
ii. E6S-Methods related?
1. Subscriber lag during strike duty and more
2. Make a Wish Foundation Fundraiser attempt
c. Favorite Episodes
1. FMEA 10*10*10 Series
2. 125 Back Stricken and Stricken Back - walk with dog and Strike duty reflection
3. 116 Back pocket 5-Why MacGyver
1. Agile Episodes 101
2. 141 LSS and/or Agile?
3. So What's
iii. Audience favorites?
1. 141 LSS and/or Agile Part 1
2. 140 Harmonization with Dr. Anwar El-Homsi
3. 124 Score! FMEA 10*10*10 Part 3
4. Oldies Still in iTunes (2015):
a. 092 Lean Six Sigma and the Environment with Brion Hurley
b. 090 If Tools Ruled - LinkedIn post
c. 077 The 8 Wastes - Go the Extra MILE MR TOYOTA - Part 5
5. All-time (most website hits)
a. 029 KISS for Power Point
b. 033 Fifty Shades of Black Part 1
c. 061 Value Stream Mapping - Value Stream Essentials Part 3B
d. 035 Blended DMAIC Smoothie
e. 049 Rule out the Ruler Part 1
II 2017 Looking forward
a. Episode plans
i. More Guests & Topics
1. Shana Dykema - Task-Driven Activity Based Costing for Lean in Healthcare
2. The ISO 13053 Lean Six Sigma Standard - WTF...?
3. Topics in Systems Thinking
4. Monte-Carlo Simulations in micro-lending
5. More tools - SPC, Regression, DOE, Hypothesis Testing (oh my)
b. Product/Service/Event Ideas
i. Value Stream Mapping Essentials Kit - Materials & Instructions (lagging)
ii. Self-paced Subscription-based Lean Six Sigma certification program
1. Black Belt only (Beta coming soon)
iii. Book: Is Lean Six Sigma Right for Me? (ugh)
c. Recent changes
i. CEUs for listening to the podcast - you can order a report on the website
Outro: Thanks for listening to episode 154 of the E6S-Methods podcast. Stay tuned for episode 155, where, finally, we say, "Down with Dogma," where Jacob and I discuss where and when we think certain rules just shouldn't apply, and may actually do more harm. Don't forget to click "like" or "dislike" for this episode in the show notes. Tap-click-done! If you have a question, comment or advice, leave a note in the comments section or contact us directly. Feel free to email me "Aaron", firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website, we reply to all messages. If you heard something you like, then Clammr and share it. Don't forget you can find notes and graphics for all shows and more at www.E6S-Methods.com. "Journey Through Success. If you're not climbing up, you're falling down." Leave a Review! http://bit.ly/E6S-iTunes